Are you aware of the fact that 6 out of 10 persons are unable to configure their new Wi-Fi extender? The reason being, they are not aware of all the dos and don’ts for the setup process and that’s why most of the time they do it inaccurately.
Also, let us aware you of another fact – the most searched query on the internet is how to reset my Linksys Wi-Fi extender password. And that is exactly why; we have come up with this post. In this article, we will teach you about how to change the default password of Linksys extender.
Let’s get started!
While accessing the web-based setup page of Linksys extender, a login screen will appear asking for a password. Of course, the Wi-Fi range extender comes with a default admin password. It is recommended to get familiar with how to configure Linksys Wi-Fi extender password for security reasons.
Linksys extenders are available in several model numbers e.g. Linksys RE6400, RE6300, RE4100W, RE6700, RE6250, RE3000W V2, RE6350, RE6500, RE4000W, RE2000, RE1000 and RE3000W. Find your extender’s model number and scroll down to know how to change the admin password via the Linksys extender login page.
Accessing the Login Page
You can access Linksys range extender login webpage by using two ways:
First of all, launch an internet browser on your device. After that,
- Either enter this web address – linksys.com in the URL bar. Or,
- Type the default IP address of the range extender as a URL.
To find the IP address of your extender, you have to look up the router’s DHCP client table. This router function provides you a list of all wired and wireless devices connected to the guest network and 2.4GHz and 5GHz band. The devices which are not connected to the wired or wireless network will not be detected by the DHCP client table.
Now, you are on Linksys WiFi extender login page. Go through the easy-to-follow steps given below:
(Note: These steps are for Linksys RE6400, RE6300, RE6700, RE6350, RE6250, RE4100W and RE3000W V2)
- When the web-based setup page opens, enter your extender’s admin password.
- If you have ever changed the default password to something else, use that one. Or else, type the default password.
- Once done, click on the login button.
- Now, linksys page will open in front of your eyes.
- Find the management option on the page. Once found, click on it gently.
- Move the mouse cursor on the extender password box and click on it.
- Type the admin password you want to keep in future.
- Enter the same password once again for security purposes.
- Complete the process by hitting the save button at the bottom side of the page.
That’s how you can configure the password after or before Linksys extender setup according to your convenience.
Useful Tips for Setting Your Password:
- Make sure to create a strong password for accessing the web-based setup page.
- Use a combination of uppercase and lowercase along with random numbers and special symbols such as %, ! , @, #, *, $, ^, &, and ().
- Do not use your personal and obvious details like first name, last name, your birthday, birth year, spouse’s birthday or name and other related things.
- Never ever share your password with anyone.
Steps For Configuring Linksys RE1000, RE2000, RE6500, RE4000W and RE3000W:
- Connect to Linksys extender and access the web-based setup page of Linksys WiFi range extender.
- Click on the admin option.
- Enter the password in the extender password field.
- Re-enter the password to confirm your new password.
- Apply the changes by clicking on the save button.
The password has been changed for your Linksys range extender. From now onwards, use this new password for accessing the default Linksys WiFi extender setup page. However, if you face any technical issue during the process, reset Linksys extender to factory settings. You can do so by pressing the reset button on the extender.
Still facing issues? Feel free to give us a phone call and talk to our certified experts to get fruitful assistance without any delay!